Plan Your Pathway
Everyone’s leadership learning is different. We’ve put together a selection of tools to help you assess where you are now, and what you want to achieve on your leadership journey.
Use the following resources to build a picture of your current leadership strengths and areas for development.
- Reflecting on Leadership Guidance to help you reflect.
- Reflective Questions 1 Think about your current leadership skills.
- How to find out your style of leadership This questionnaire from the University of Kent will give you an idea of your typical leadership styles.
- The Leadership Capability Feedback Tool How do others view your leadership? Invite feedback from colleagues and people who use your service. The tool includes a self assessment section for you to identify your strengths and leadership capability, and a workbook to download. We recommend that the Leadership Capability Feedback Tool is used with the support of your supervisor, line manager or mentor.
- Leadership Capability WorkbookOnce you have gathered feedback through the Leadership Capability Feedback Tool, use this workbook to help you reflect on your results, and plan you priorities for development on Step into Leadership.
Click on a leadership capability to access resources
General Leadership Resources
There are a range of general leadership resources which help you to plan your pathway.
Standards & Qualifications
There are a range of standards that people working in social services must meet in their job roles and some of these relate to leadership.